On-site Visit by Experts
AIKA shall establish an experts group consisting of 3 experts and inform the respective higher education institution or college about the composition of the experts group, the observers, and the AIKA representative who shall coordinate the assessment procedure.
The higher education institution or college may reject the members of the experts group by submitting a justified written application to AIKA specifying the reasons for each rejected member of the experts group. AIKA shall review the application of the higher education institution or college. In the event that the application is found justified, a new experts group shall be established, and the higher education institution or college shall be informed thereof.
The AIKA coordinator shall prepare the agenda of the on-site assessment visit and coordinate it with the experts group and the higher education institution or college.
During the on-site assessment visit:
- The higher education institution or college shall ensure that each of its representatives, who wishes to meet the experts group, shall have such an opportunity.
- The higher education institution or college shall, upon request by AIKA or the experts group, provide access to the informative resources/infrastructure, including the library resources, the material and technical provision, the final theses (if any), the examination materials, and other resources of the higher education institution or college.
- The higher education institution or college shall provide proper premises and equipment required during the assessment on-site visit.
- During the assessment on-site visit, each representative of the higher education institution or college may attend only one meeting of the experts group, except individual cases, where this opportunity has been previously discussed and coordinated with the assessment coordinator.
- The meetings with the teaching staff and the students shall take place in the absence of the representatives of the managerial staff of the higher education institution or college.
- The meetings with the representatives of the employers and/or professional organisations may not be attended by the persons studying and/or employed at the respective higher education institution or college.
- During the on-site visit, the breaks (coffee breaks, lunch, and dinner) shall be organised separately from the representatives of the higher education institution or college.
For Higher Education Institutions
- Licensing of Study Programme
- Accreditation of Study Direction
- Assessing Changes to Accredited Study Direction
- Institutional (institution of higher education/college) Accreditation
- Inclusion of the Study Programme on the Accreditation Form of a Study Field
- Accreditation of Foreign Study Programmes