Main Strategic Objectives
The main strategic objectives of the Quality Agency for Higher Education of the period 2017 – 2021 are as follows:
- To ensure that the external quality assurance system of Latvian higher education is in compliance with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG);
- To carry out the external quality assessment of Latvian higher education and to promote the improvement of the internal quality assurance system of HEIs, study directions and study programmes;
- To ensure the financial sustainability of the Agency for the implementation of its mission in appropriate quality and in accordance with the accepted values;
- To act as higher education quality assurance competence centre in Latvia and to promote international visibility and recognition of Latvian higher education;
- To promote international cooperation and competitiveness of the Agency through the participation in the processes of the higher education quality assurance policy making, the promotion of quality assessment and enhancement.